I had big dreams for Valentine's Day morning. The romantic morning would include me getting up at the crack of dawn with Jakob and putting some delicious homemade cinnamon roll scones (that I had pre-made the night before) into the oven. We would enjoy the deliciousness in bed, snuggle with our newest valentine, and take a cozy family picture of all the holiday sweetness we were partaking in.
The scones turned out great. So delicious. Recipe here.
I even pulled out the fancy tray tables we never have a good excuse to use.
Now I know what you are thinking, but before you roll you eyes and come up with your favorite June Cleaver joke, know that that's where the cuteness ends. Seconds after taking that picture, I climbed into bed tipping over the orange juice. *Please keep in mind that we do not own a fancy "jump on the bed with a glass full of wine" Tempur-Pedic mattress. We are just not that classy.* While the orange juice seeped into our comforter, the baby began to cry and Marshall began ringing his bell (remember this post?- not so cute when you are in the middle of a juice crisis). Needless to say, the romance fell a bit short as we quickly ate our scones while tossing blankets to the floor, feeding a cranky baby, and tending to the pup's needs. We did manage to get one blurry family pic amidst the chaos this morning. Please note the forced smiles.
Looks like we will have to try for a more romantic Valentine's Day next year but hey- at least breakfast was delicious.
And the baby slept through dinner.
And there was wine.
And there were skillet cookies for dessert.
Not too shabby after all.
Happy Valentine's Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment