Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Project One

As previously mentioned, I have been dying to get some projects underway using my new sewing machine. Unfortunately, I could barely unwrap the thing before feeling totally overwhelmed and confused. Enter my SIL Sarah who graciously and patiently sat with me and showed me the ins and outs and ups and downs of my new little friend.
I thought I would share with you project numero uno.
My love for blog stalking those much more creative than I led me to this little baby..
What the heck is that you ask? Why it's an adorable, frilly, over-the-top camera strap cover. I semi followed the directions from this creative blog. Granted, it will be months (maybe years) before I photograph any up close and personal shots of my wonky stitching and sewing efforts but I must say that I am super happy with my first project!
Giving her a little test run. She passed.
Don't we look so happy together?!

3 comments:

  1. The ruffle looks great! It turned out so wonderful...especially for your first project! Glad I could help introduce you to your new friend's ways. What will your next project be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know jakob will no longer be taking photos with that strap cover on! haha.....looks great! ----now, on to my headband! :)

    ReplyDelete