Thursday, January 17, 2013

Brunch for ONE

I have been planning Cal's first birthday party since he was about three months old. And by "plan" I mean I decided that I wanted to host a breakfast themed birthday party and call it "Brunch for ONE". Jakob thought  it sounded lonely and couldn't get the picture of Cal sitting alone at a table for one on his birthday out of his mind- hah! Que the holiday craziness and before we knew it, it was January and all I had planned for his party was a theme- brunch. We rolled with it, invited a few of Cal's closest friends (TEN little one's under THREE!!), and put together what turned out to be a great brunchy party for our favorite one year old!

Welcome to Cal's first birthday...
The food turned out great thanks to a little lot of help from Auntie Sarah and the Grandmas!

And of course, there was cake! (Banana cake with cream cheese frosting for the curious ones out there.)


For favors, Cal sent his friends home with his favorite snacks- applesauce and goldfish crackers.
As for the adults, they went home with these fun cereal bars!
Can I just say that I LOVED how cute these candies turned out?! 
(White chocolate, an M&M, and a pretzel- bacon & eggs!)
The scene was set and before long this quiet room..
..looked like this!
Everyone had a great time. The kids played, the adults ate (and drank- mimosas of course- it was brunch after all!)- a fun morning for all involved!


Cal's favorite part? The balloons!! 
In keeping with tradition, we sang that special song and gave Cal his very own cake to have his way with.

He proceeded with caution.


And then figured the whole thing out.
Before long, we were at this point.
Aaaand then we were done.
After a quick bath, Cal joined his buddies once again, opened a few gifts, and crashed. Crashed hard. And slept the afternoon away.

We spent the evening hanging out as a family and opening gifts with the grandparents. 























Before bed, Cal took one last lap around the house in his birthday suit with his favorite balloon.
 ...and promptly pooped on the hallway floor!! .. and woke up with a fever!
 (Sorry, just trying to keep it real :)
*My apologize for the horrible spacing in this post. Too many pictures and not enough patience!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jess,

    These pics are amazing - what a beautiful brunch! Looks like a Martha Stewart party for kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was truly a Martha party! The girl (that is Jessica)has ideas! It was so wonderful to be part of it all. Can't wait to return to Cal's house next time!

    ReplyDelete