Well, it happened. When people asked me how old Calvin was I could no longer come up with, "Sixteen weeks four days and seven hours, thank you for asking!" on a dime. Weeks and months began blending together and I just couldn't keep up. He will now simply be "four months old" until the next month comes along. I know it's a silly milestone but a milestone nonetheless as my little infant is growing into a big ole baby boy. Stating his age in months makes me realize that even more.
The month flew by as we enjoyed Cal's first Easter, a few play dates, and several lazy rainy days at home exploring the new world of toys. As always, Calvin is growing and changing daily. Check out the big guy...
FOUR MONTHS
For your comparison...
THREE MONTHS
Here are a few of Cal's preferences these days...Stats:
We had his four month pediatrician appointment last week. Cal weighed in at 13 pounds even- up two pounds from last month. We were happy to hear that Cal is finally on the growth chart and moving right along the 10th percentile curve. He is wearing 3-6 month clothes and now fits snugly into his previously roomy cloth diapers. While he has had round cheeks for a while now, chunky thighs and a dimply butt are his latest accomplishments. I must say it's pretty darn adorable and only a little unfair that chub and dimples are only cute on babies.
Eating:
Our previously gassy little guy seems much more comfortable these days. I'm not sure if it was the gripe water, the volume increase of what we were feeding him, or the fact that we became obsessive with burping him, but he seems soooo much happier. Our doctor told us we many begin what she calls "food for fun" or "spoon practice" any time between now and six months. To clarify, we can feed him SOLIDS whenever we feel ready. Speaking of ready, I'm not quite sure that I am. We have plenty of time to introduce him to the amazing world of food so I'm happy waiting a little while longer. Nobody wants their baby to grow up too fast!
Sleeping:
Cal goes to sleep at night like a champ. Lie him down anywhere- the crib, bassinet, wherever- and he will crash without drama. He has been waking once or twice during the night depending on when he goes down but goes back to sleep relatively easily during the night. Naptimes are a different story. He will fight sleeping anywhere but the swing or moving stroller. And by fight, I mean scream. A high pitched, blood curdling scream that you would not believe is coming from a four month old. Just today a woman told me she was shocked to see me turn around with a baby after expecting a shrieking toddler by the noise he was making. It's lovely really.
Milestones:
Month four brought on Cal's first cold complete with nighttime congestion and more snot than I have ever seen come from a nose. More enjoyable milestones include spending more and more time playing with toys, sitting up in his exersaucer, learning to enjoy tummy time and my favorite milestone yet.. LAUGHING! It's seriously the sweetest sound I have ever heard. The laughter makes every cranky afternoon and sleepless night so worth it.
Just in case you were wondering what a "crinkle star" was, I will leave you with a photo of Cal and his newest best friend "Patrick". Patrick star will turn a cranky Cal happy in seconds and from what I can gather by the copious drool, Patrick must taste pretty darn good as well.
See you in a month!

getting so big!
ReplyDeleteHe looks like such a stud in that top picture! Love the idea of putting the updates on the chalkboard wall, so cute! Regarding naps, at 4 months my boy was exactly the same, slept great at night but always cried before naps. Hang in there, it will pass, now for the most part he goes down great for nap-time and bed-time. We have to get these two little boys together soon!
ReplyDeletei love cal updates! he really is a little charmer with his cute self! how fun exploring toys :) sorry to hear he has had a cold though. that congestion is the worst! we are seeing an ent for henrik's congestion that he has had since.. he was born! anyway, i love little cal bear and it sounds like he is as amazing as i imagine him to be!
ReplyDeleteIt is very difficult to live so far from you four, and your blog posts and photos help us to feel close to you and Cal. I feel like I can watch him grow up and know him through your detailed posts. Love it, sis! Hugs and kisses to that big boy!
ReplyDelete