Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Surprise!

Last weekend, my brave sister and I took a road-trip with the little boys (and Marshall too) to Minnesota to surprise our dad for his birthday. 
And we pulled it off! The drive there went surprisingly well (not so much on the drive home) and my dad was totally shocked when he got home from work to find his daughters and grandsons at home.
We kicked the weekend off with an afternoon at the zoo. Cal was obsessed with the sea lions and pushed his way through the crowd to get the closest views possible. Who could say no to a tot trying to make his way to the front of a line??
Cousin Jack also appeared enamored with aquatic life.
Grandpa thoroughly enjoyed some quality time with his grandsons.
We made our way over to the zoo's arboretum and made a few wishes in the wishing well. 
 And by few, I mean Cal emptied my purse of change and made enough wishes to last a lifetime.
Much to Grandma's delight, Cal loved walking around the arboretum, stopping to smell each and every flower along the way.
 Adorable.
The rest of the weekend was spent celebrating Dad, spoiling the grandsons (see Cal's first Popsicle below), and spoiling Sarah and I (with naps and mornings of sleeping in). We even found time to walk to the park and attend an art fair somewhere in the middle of the busy weekend.
(Marsh enjoyed his first Popsicle as well)

For my dad's actual birthday, we celebrated with our extended family and good friends at an Ice Holes concert. It was so fun to see my uncle and long-time family friends playing live! 
Happy birthday Dad!! Surprising you and getting to spend the weekend together more than made up for the long, whiny road trip home- I think Cal just missed his "Ba-Ba" (Grandpa). 

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment