Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Month Eleven

This past month has been Cal's busiest month yet! Month eleven began in Mexico and ended in New York with a trip to Minnesota for Auntie Sarah's shower smashed in between. We were constantly on the go! As for Cal, he was also on the go. Always exploring, always into something. In the spirit of the holidays, he has taken on an attitude that is equal parts naughty and nice. I'd love to say I'm loving this stage of parenting but I'm too tired to find the words.
 ELEVEN MONTHS
For your comparison...
TEN MONTHS
Here's what we have learned about Cal this month..
Stats:
The official 1 year weigh in is coming next month but I would say that he seems to have grown about 3 inches in the last 2 weeks. All of his pants are suddenly too short and we were forced to finally upgrade him from his infant carseat after his legs were hanging over the end of the seat. He is wearing 12-18 month clothes and (when I can actually keep shoes on his feet) a size 2 shoe.

Eating:
What happened to my baby who would eat anything with a smile? I miss him. He has been replaced by a super selective eater who now carefully analyzes his tray and takes his sweet time picking every single pea (or any other vegetable for that matter) out of his dinner before he will take a single bite. Now I know it's common for kids to dislike their veggies but he has also become equally picky about cheese and fruit. Fruit! What kind of kid doesn't like fruit? He's crazy and currently living on scrambled eggs, cereal, and toast. Ugh.

Sleeping:
Naps were getting better for a while and now seem to be hit or miss. Some days he naps very well and goes down without a fuss. Other days, he puts up an epic battle before falling asleep and then takes a ten minute nap. Luckily for everyone else, he seems to nap very well when he is with someone other than me. So unfair. (Says the girl who is currently blogging while her kid takes a nice nap- I'm such a whiner.)

Milestones:
Tooth count: 5. Two on top, three on the bottom. I need to get a good photo of his toothy grin, it's adorable!

I was sure Cal would be walking by 11 months as he has seemed so close for months now. Turns out, he would much rather crawl at the speed of light and is too busy getting into things to walk these days. He is now getting up to standing unassisted in the middle of the room but is too hesitant to take more than a step without help. He loves pushing his car around and slamming it into things- preferably Marshall or my ankles.

He waves "Bye Bye" and will sign "more" and "all done" when he is eating. He is now saying "Mama" and "Dada" and definitely knows what he is saying and looks our way when he calls us out. Marshall is "Ma" followed by an ear piercing squeal. Cal loves to throw toys for Marshall and is so thrilled when Marshall returns the toy to him. Those two could play for hours. Cute. Cute.

Calvin LOVES to look at books lately and even has a few favorites that he will dig through the book pile for.  Reading books feels like such a big kid activity and is just one more reason I am not even going to mention what is about to happen in 17 days!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post. What a sweetie bug! Can't wait to celebrate the unbelievable milestone of ONE!

    ReplyDelete