Guess who's sitting up these days?!
Good guess.
I can hardly keep up with the little man. One day he is rolling around like it ain't no thang and the next he decides to go ahead and sit up!
That's okay Mom, I don't need your help
any more, thankyouverymuch.
I'm an independent baby.
I have to say, I think I am enjoying these new milestones just as much as he is. Independence for him equals independence for me (ie: laundry folding with both of my hands). He can now happily move around to locate the toy/object/dog-tail that he really wants- a skill that we all appreciate. And while he loves trying out his new tricks, he also seems pleased as punch to just lie on the floor and laugh at himself in the mirror. Trust me- it's adorable.
I am trying my best to just sit back and enjoy this independent yet less mobile time, fully aware of what comes next..CRAWLING! My home and my patience are nowhere near ready for the baby-proofing era of child rearing. For now, I'll patiently wait for the baby wrangling and take a nice long pause to enjoy the simplicity of this sweet little phase.
I'm hoping Cal agrees with the plan!
Cutie, cutie, cutie bug!
ReplyDeleteI must say, in that last photo, he has a bit of a Jakob expression, the way he is holding his mouth....pondering something. Yikes he is growing up so quickly.
ReplyDelete