Friday, April 6, 2012

Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes

Another delicious Pinterest find I thought I would share with you.
Something refreshing and sweet. A little taste of summer, just in time for spring.
Lemonade Cupcakes with Fresh Raspberry Buttercream
The recipe I used can be found at this blog.

Lemonade Cupcakes:
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Beat in one egg at a time. Beat in vanilla.

In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture 1 cup at a adding in half of the lemon juice and half of the milk after each addition. Beat until just combined.

Line muffin tins with 24 paper liners. Fill each with batter and bake for 20 minutes, until cupcakes are springy to the touch and pass the toothpick test. Remove from pans and let cool.

Fresh Raspberry Buttercream:
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup butter at room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbs milk

In a food processor or blender, puree raspberries until smooth. Mix together butter, sugar and milk. Add raspberry puree and mix until fluffy. Frost your delicious lemonade cupcakes. If you're feeling fancy, garnish with colored sugar and a fresh raspberry.

Enjoy while dreaming of summer!

1 comment:

  1. Dang Jessica! I wish I was available to be your quality control person! You need to get that bakery idea going! I will help mix the batter.

    ReplyDelete