Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Green Thumb? Part 3

With merely half of my plants surviving their scorching water deprived week, it was time to replant and start over. I will become an urban gardener if it kills me!

This little early birthday gift was all I needed to find the motivation to get started restarted.
With the help of my mom and sister we got down to business. We started off by replanting some new fresh flowers in place of those who had not survived my first attempt and spring gardening.
In addition to replanting some potted flowers we went ahead and tackled the "rock garden" along the side of our place. The first step was digging up all the of random bricks and concrete pavers that had been buried by the previous owners for reasons unknown. We then worked on creating the perfect spacing for all of the puppy safe hostas we were going to plant. From there it was simple. Dig. Plant. Water. Water. Water. Repeat. Decorate with some creative candles and solar lights.
The finished product turned out just as I had hoped. Simple and green.
And what did I do with all of the random bricks you ask? Why I made some cheap plant stands to keep the lone survivors away from their arch nemesis Marshall.Thanks again Mama, I couldn't have done it without you!
Here's to hoping this is my last green thumb post for a while :)

1 comment:

  1. It looks beautiful! I love the creative Marshall proof plant stands! You all did a great job and sounds like it was great fun, which is a must.

    ReplyDelete